October 13, 2006

Thinking Aloud

Blogs
A justified way to waste study time..or so I keep telling myself!
Found an excellent one. Link.


The routine
And it's a damned boring one.Goes something like this: wake up at 11 pm thinking it's too late already, make coffee i.e. nescafe and tasteless skimmed milk, fiddle through books to decide what to study, find something and read a page or 2, watch tv, study some more, lunchtime, nap time, up again, coffee again i.e. nescafe gold blend and whole milk, study, watch Friends, chat online -it's about 11 pm then, I find my friends in the US online- while studying -it's a gift:) , resume studying by 1 am, maximum concentration till 3 or 4 am -sometimes even 5 am, chat some more, and finally struggling to put myslef to sleep. I actually lie on bed forcing my eyes closed, it usually takes 20-30 minutes.

Breaking the routine
An occasional study over at a friend's -usually Cleopatrina. Or birthday outings.
Yesterday, I was invited to eftar at my cousin's, huge guest list, all friends of mine - rule: you know me you know my cousin, you know my cousin, you know me. It was an overall good affair, people were in groups and I got to practise my all-time favourite hobby... socializing!
The topics were: fresh graduate doctors: advice. Brother and fiancee: furnishing and flower arrangements. Agami friends/relatives: nonsense ie cars, kheyam, mosalsalat. Good friends: catching up on news.
I felt much better,refreshed and and repolished my mind, all set to resume the trip of a thousand and one book. And I actually thank God I had to study, do you believe that?! I am very satisfied with the life I am leading, I don't need more time, coz I'll only waste it, turn into an airhead like a big chunk of my society and end up talking silly , or more ambition, coz I'll turn into an A-top-of-the-class-student-always-wished-to-be-'cool-but-by-the-time-she- graduated-it-was-too-late and end up looking silly.

That's a wrap for now..see ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home