July 19, 2006

The 'Mountain' & its Repercussions

This movie is excellent!

It's this blend of emotions, meloncholy, inhibitions, day-to-day struggles, facing reality...it's just beautiful. It speaks directly to the soul, a saga about 'forbidden love' - that kind of love that tried to make its way to our hearts but never got through our minds. It's that lost love, the love that couldn't have been, with its undeniable intoxication. The love story is pure and fresh. The flow of events and dialogue is graceful. The scenery is breath-taking. And taking you through all that is the flawless score. To top all that off the actors; Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, give the performances I'd say, of their lives.
The only drawback is that it's a very American movie,it's not a Western though -a relief.


So ever since I've seen this movie, I 've been telling people to give it a go..well, truth be told, I was only provoking reactions..and I got what I want *naughty smile*
Girls were like, "Oh really??! We've heard about it, but now you say it's good we'll definetly see it." Men, on the other hand, gave the most hilarious reactions," What the $^@*???!! I am NOT going to watch it..no way!! That's disgusting.It'd only make me want to puuuuke!!" Yeah, seriosuly, only ONE guy said he'd take my humble recommendation and see it (which makes me sad coz I can't stereotype now:) )

Of course, the best part of the movie is that it left me thinking.What about?
  1. The question of forbidden/incomplete love, I mean come on..there's definetly something about sad love stories that grips us. It happens in real life- and when it does it's not as 'gripping' really- love stories that never get to see the light because of social barriers or religious ones..I am not saying that I am for that cause, absolutely not. I believe that love is only complete with the mating of minds, and that's fairly impossible to reach in that kind of love. I mean if you reach that stage in a love that you know, is doomed, then you've only got yourself to blame when it gets nasty, and eventually it will... happy endings happen only in Fantasy World. I just hope I am never an part of a relationship that's not going to last long for whatever reason...it's a heartache.
  2. The agony of losing someone dear (not necessarily a lover), of having to let go and tolerate life without him/her.
  3. Long distance relationships, their ups and downs, the mixed emotions of meeting your love and saying goodbye ever so often... all almost effortlessly depicted in Gyllenhaal expressions.
Speaking of Jake, this guy just ooooooozes with talent...I tell you,he's going to be the next Edward Norton!!!

I made sure, as I wrote this post, to give little account of the events, if any.. I don't want to ruin it for those of you who considered watching it, trust me you won't regret it:) Final note: this movie is rated R.

Me go study now to the music of the OST.. me grow addicted to it!!!:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

I have the movie on my PC but I can't seem to find enough time to watch it.
Your post made me even more anxious to find the time to see it :)

7/26/2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home