July 13, 2006

Today

(To everyone who's reading this post: please don't look for ration in it, there's only little of that :) )

So it's the 13th day of the month again! Is there a way to take this day off the calender!??
I am not the superstitious kind but there must be a scientific explanation to that dreadful 13th.. I keep telling myself that it's all in my head but then comes another 13th and something goes wrong again. It's irrationally unpleasant. Can one hold grudge against a day, a period of time?? I don't care what the rest of the world think of the 13th or whether they agree or disagree on it, but for me..I've seen my fair share of mishaps on that day. The farthest I can think of was way back in 1996, I vividly rememeber the day...seriously!!!
Maybe I subconsciously -and superstitiously- get myself in a bad mood on those 24 hrs/month..it's a possibility...but you have to excuse me, it's only because of previous experience. It's sad but true; I don't like the 13th!!!
OK so, I am usually wiser than that..but I allow myself a few exceptions, the 'Fear of the13th' being top of the list :)) Let me rephrase that, it's not fear, it's not like I wouldn't get out of bed, or would take a different road to college or change anything of my daily routine..but I just wouldn't be surprised if I have a fight, or a car accident, or I hear a bit of bad news about someone dear..etc. I'd be prepared for absolutely anything to happen on that day!!!
Just for the record: I am OK with black cats, and I don't wear 'blue' a lot :)

Conclusion: 'The 13th' may be an urban legend.. but some Tiny girl out there believes in it.


While I was at it, thought I'd check my horoscope for the day -you see, Mercury is retrograde so unfortunate events are highly expected specially with communication related issues- and here it is:
"
Sometimes, it's only when life gets difficult that it gets interesting. It's why, if you find yourself in a tough situation through no fault of your own, you can always find something valuable to learn from it. Whose fault is it that you now face a particular problem? Let's not go into that. Let's just say that Jupiter and Pluto, while they may be putting you through a testing time, are about to show you a brilliant new way to move forward."

Nah..I wouldn't count on Jupiter, or Pluto for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home